[cabfpub] Upcoming changes to Google Chrome's certificate handling

Jeremy Rowley jeremy.rowley at digicert.com
Fri Nov 8 08:10:09 MST 2013

I disagree.  For the outset, the log operator responsibility has been to
gossip with other logs to ensure they aren't forked or in a bubble.  The
CA's responsibility is to log the certificate in a trusted log.  The browser
is responsible for determining the trustworthiness of the log.  Each actor
has a role to play.

A log proof from the CA itself should be sufficient as the logs are supposed
to communicate with each other.  A CA's log that is offline too long becomes
untrusted. Plus, I trust DigiCert's log server availability and integrity
way more than I trust anyone else's.  If I'm hitting a couple of log
servers, I want them to be the servers I know won't go down or be untrusted.