[cabfpub] Section 9.2.3 modification

Jeremy Rowley jeremy.rowley at digicert.com
Thu May 23 20:13:41 UTC 2013

Since my position is that the applicant/subscriber is essentially unknown
for a DV Cert, I still disagree with your analysis regarding the subject of
a DV certificate.  However,  I do agree that Geoff's proposed language is
more clear and precise.  Therefore, my new proposed motion is as follows:

---Motion Begins----

Replace Section 9.2.3 with the following:

Certificate Field:  subject:domainComponent (OID 0.9.2342.19200300.100.1.25)
Required/Optional:  Optional.
Contents: If present, this field MUST contain a label from a Domain Name.
The domainComponent fields for each Domain Name MUST be in a single ordered
sequence containing all labels from the Domain name.  The labels MUST be
encoded in the reverse order to the on-wire representation of domain names
in the DNS protocol, so that the label closest to the root is encoded first.
The CA MUST ensure that the certificate is issued with the consent of, and
according to procedures established by, the owner of each Domain Name.

-----Motion Ends-----

Goeff - since this is your language, would you care to endorse?

Jeremy