[cabfpub] [cabfquest] Certificates for Internal server names

Adam Langley agl at google.com
Wed May 22 22:15:56 UTC 2013

On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 6:07 PM, Ben Wilson <ben at digicert.com> wrote:
> According to the Baseline Requirements “Internal Server Name” is one that is
> “not resolvable using the public DNS.”

This seems, perhaps, a little confusing.

fooserver.corp.example.com may not be "resolvable using the public
DNS" because example.com are running a split-horizon DNS and
corp.example.com only resolves internally. But I wouldn't call it an
internal server name. "fooserver.corp" would be an internal server
name.

Is there a disagreement on this point that I wasn't previously aware of?

Cheers

AGL