[cabfpub] Proposed motion to modify EV domain verification section

Jeremy Rowley jeremy.rowley at digicert.com
Tue May 14 23:57:47 UTC 2013

The situation you described is verified under Section 11.8, not the domain
section.  The domain requirement is to verify the company's knowledge of the
domain, not knowledge of the certificate request.  I think the two sections
are somewhat redundant and neither necessarily prevent someone from getting
an EV certificate in their name and using it for shared web hosting.  Domain
name verification should really be completely separate from obligations
surrounding use of a certificate and verification of the certificate
request.

Jeremy