[cabfpub] Proposed motion to modify EV domain verification section

Yngve N. Pettersen yngve at spec-work.net
Fri May 3 12:37:49 UTC 2013

On Thu, 02 May 2013 21:22:28 +0200, Eddy Nigg (StartCom Ltd.)
<eddy_nigg at startcom.org> wrote:

> On 05/02/2013 09:16 PM, From Rich Smith:
>>
>> In the interest of simplifying the EV Guidelines and to allow
>> uniformity of processes where possible I propose the following
>> amendment to the EV Guidelines.  I'm looking for two endorsers.
>>

> Do you really consider of these to be sufficient for EV?

<snip>

Just a general thought: If there is overlap between domain verification
procedures in the BR and EV, but not complete overlap, with the ones
outside the overlap being insufficient for EV, perhaps the way forward
would be to separate the procedures that are common for EV and BR out as a
separate set of procedures? Then the ones that are not suitable for EV can
be specified in a separate subsection.

This would of course require editing the BR, as well as the EV guidelines,
and would likely require a synchronized version release. This would be
more complex, but would accomplish what is being proposed, without
reducing the EV security.

--
Sincerely,
Yngve N. Pettersen