[cabfpub] Section 9.2.3 modification

Jeremy Rowley jeremy.rowley at digicert.com
Wed May 22 23:32:23 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

As mentioned there is an incompatibility between the Baseline Requirements
and other industry groups on what information should be included in a Domain
Component Field. I modified the motion slightly based on Ryan Sleevi's
comments during last week's phone call.  Please let me know if you are
willing to endorse or have suggestions.

---Motion Begins----

Replace Section 9.2.3

Certificate Field:  subject:domainComponent (OID 0.9.2342.19200300.100.1.25)

Required/Optional:  Optional.

Contents:  If present, this field MUST contain all components of the
subject's Registered Domain Name in ordered sequence, with the most
significant component, closest to the root of the namespace, written last.

With the following:

9.2.3 Subject Domain Component Field

Certificate Field: subject:domainComponent (OID 0.9.2342.19200300.100.1.25)

Required/Optional: Optional.

Contents: If present, this field MUST contain components of a Domain Name
verified under Section 11.1.1 in ordered sequence, with the most significant
component, closest to the root of the namespace, written last. The CA SHALL
implement and follow a process that prevents a Domain Component field from
including  information if the CA is unaware of the logical association
between the Domain Component field information and the Certificate's
Subject.

-----Motion Ends-----

Thanks,

Jeremy