[cabfpub] Ballot 100: Extend Deadline - OCSP Good Response

Steve Roylance steve.roylance at globalsign.com
Thu May 30 09:03:52 MST 2013

Hi Brian.

Thanks for your insight and feedback.   I'll circle back with the rest of
the team behind the ballot and let you know.   I'm travelling for the rest
of today so it may be hard to conclude but I'll try.

Unfortunately I can't speak for the CA platform providers or OCSP
responders on whether patches are indeed months or weeks or years away,
however, I do know from personal experience in dealing with many Sub CAs
that security and support of the BaseLine Requirements has been well
received. I've been happy with progress towards Name Constraints usage and
expect that to be the defacto for GlobalSign's Sub CA customer base
therefore personally support the alternative rule sets here due to the
reasons you provide.

Apologies if this post crosses others as I've been typing whilst under the
Channel Tunnel on my way back to the UK.

Steve