[cabfpub] Proposed motion to modify EV domain verification section

Jeremy Rowley jeremy.rowley at digicert.com
Tue May 7 08:05:32 MST 2013

Not necessarily.  We are verifying that the self-reported information on WHOIS provides a reasonable connection with the applicant.  After all, 11.6.2 only requires that we obtain “a responses indicating that the applicant…is the entity to which the domain is registered” of that “the domain registrar…forward communication to the registered domain holder”.

However, I think the discussion has strayed somewhat from the original point: if a process provides equal assurances of domain control as the WHOIS, shouldn’t we expand the EV Guidelines to include these methods?   If so, the question is only about which methods provide equivalent assurances.

Jeremy