[cabfpub] CAA records on google.com

Rob Stradling rob.stradling at comodo.com
Thu Jun 27 21:25:45 UTC 2013

On 27/06/13 21:50, Gervase Markham wrote:
> On 27/06/13 13:43, Adam Langley wrote:
>> Yes, dig on my machine has not been updated to serialize and parse the
>> records in the human-friendly, presentation format. Thus it has to use
>> hex encoding.
>
> Some looking around suggests that dig is part of BIND, and the method of
> submitting bugs in BIND9 is by email :-( So, before I contact them, does
> anyone know if updating dig to display these records usefully is on
> their radar already, or has even been done?

I don't know if anyone's asked the BIND developers to do this yet.

I know Phill spent some time writing a BIND patch to support an early
version of the CAA draft.

Phill, do you have any useable code?
(I figure we might get this feature implemented in BIND more quickly if
we can propose a patch).

--
Rob Stradling
Senior Research & Development Scientist