[cabfpub] CAA records on google.com

Adam Langley agl at google.com
Thu Jun 20 14:39:37 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 2:55 AM, Rick Andrews <Rick_Andrews at symantec.com> wrote:
> Thanks for doing this. At the f2f meeting, I suggested that browser vendors add CAA records to gain some experience with it, and report back to the group. Since you got it done so quickly, I guess it was relatively easy for Google to deploy. I'm not sure if you are representative of many other companies. Can you share any info on how easy the process was?

Our DNS setup is probably unique and so wouldn't apply in many other situations.

But I imagine that most people are using tools that process BIND-like
zone files and support the arbitrary record format output by dig,
above. Thus they can probably add CAA records without waiting for any
software updates.

Cheers

AGL