[cabfpub] To revoke or not to revoke 1024

kirk_hall at trendmicro.com kirk_hall at trendmicro.com
Sun Jun 23 15:05:27 MST 2013

Most or all of the 1024 certificates were issued before the Baseline Requirements became effective, so the BRs didn’t apply to the issuance of those certs.  If the Forum had intended that all 1024 certs issued before the BRs became effective had to be revoked by 12/31/2013, the BRs could have stated that – but they didn’t.  In our view, there is therefore no requirement to revoke those certs now.