[cabfpub] Ballot 107 - Removing version numbers to WebTrust and ETSI standards from CABF Guidelines (EVG and BR)

Sigbjørn Vik sigbjorn at opera.com
Sat Jul 27 13:08:10 UTC 2013

On 27-Jul-13 01:28, Ben Wilson wrote:
> Ballot 107 – Removing version numbers to WebTrust and ETSI standards
> from CABF Guidelines (EVG and BR)
>
> Mads Henriksveen made the following motion, and iñigo Barreira from
> Izenpe, and Kirk Hall from Trend Micro endorsed it:

I am in favor of clarifying the text, and minimizing any maintenance
needs. Do we need to specify somewhere that whenever we reference
another document, we reference the latest version?

E.g. the following:
> The CA SHALL undergo an audit in accordance with one of the following
> schemes:
> 1. WebTrust Program for Certification Authorities audit;
[...]
Could easily be read as any version will suffice.

An introduction in the references section explaining that we always
refer to the latest official version would presumably cover this.

--
Sigbjørn Vik
Opera Software