[cabfpub] Ballot 106 DRAFT - Extended deadline to prohibit OCSP good response for non-issued certificates

Kelvin Yiu kelviny at exchange.microsoft.com
Mon Jul 22 23:14:10 UTC 2013

I am looking for 2 endorsers of ballot 106 to extend the deadline to prohibit OCSP good response for non-issued certificates by 1 year. I am somewhat flexible on the date, but I do think it should be extended by at least 6-12 months to give CAs enough time to comply. Here is the draft motion.

Ballot 106 - Extension of Deadline for Prohibition of "Good Response" for Non-Issued Certificates

Given that several CAs have notified the CA/Browser Forum that they will be unable to comply with the 1-August-2013 deadline by which OCSP responders MUST NOT respond with a "good" status for unissued certificates,  and that a one-year extension of this deadline is an appropriate timeframe by which these CAs should be able to come into compliance;

Kelvin Yiu made the following motion, and ___ from ____ and _______ from _______ endorsed it:

Motion Begins

EFFECTIVE RETROACTIVELY TO 1 AUGUST 2013,

The last sentence of Section 13.2.6 of the Baseline Requirements (Response for non-issued certificates) is hereby amended to read as follows:

"Effective 1 August 2014, OCSP responders MUST NOT respond with a "good" status for such certificates."

Motion Ends

Thanks,

Kelvin