[cabfpub] Ballot 106 - Extended deadline to prohibit OCSP good response for non-issued certificates

Eddy Nigg (StartCom Ltd.) eddy_nigg at startcom.org
Tue Jul 23 11:50:53 MST 2013

On 07/23/2013 09:40 PM, From Steve Roylance:
> Hi Eddy.
> Ryan is correct as the ballot carves out Name Constrained CAs and is
> under vote already.   The 106 ballot allows grace to the non name
> constrained entities.

Since it's your ballot I'm coming back to you...the proposed change states:

    Effective 1 August 2013, OCSP responders _for_MUST NOT_CAs which are
    not Technically Constrained in line with Section 9.7 MUST
    NOT_respond with a "good" status for such certificates.

Can you explain the rational if the ballot 106 will be accepted that
this is still necessary and warranted? Wouldn't ballot 106 actually make
this redundant? If not, why?

Regards
Signer: 	Eddy Nigg, COO/CTO
	StartCom Ltd. <http://www.startcom.org>