[cabfpub] August 1st Deadline for No "Good" Reponse to Non-Issued Certificate

Kelvin Yiu kelviny at exchange.microsoft.com
Fri Jul 19 12:18:14 MST 2013

My preference is to change the OCSP behavior into a recommendation instead of a requirement with no deadline. The problem with moving the deadline to January is that CAs are still under pressure to meet the requirement. We need to ensure the new deadline takes into account sufficient time to obtain sufficient commercial vendor support and for CAs to integrate the new software.

We can still work towards resolving the issue according to Ben’s proposed timeline, but January 2014 is just too soon to be practical.

Kelvin