[cabfpub] CAB Forum Document Versioning

i-barreira at izenpe.net i-barreira at izenpe.net
Mon Jan 28 04:08:05 MST 2013

>From an standards point of view that will have implications on the activities of the standardization bodies because will need to update the standards everytime the CABF publishes a new version, and in the case of ETSI don´t know how this will impact its activities.
For those CAs ETSI certified, in the certification it does not say which version of the EVG or BR is used but the version of the current ETSI version which includes the versions of the CABF documents.

>From an auditor point of view would mean to have a deepest control of what their customers have done till now and can cause different behaviours when different versions of the EVG and BR are in place for the same CA

So, from the CA point of view, would that mean that they need to apply or confirm somehow they are "using" the new version? How often? Will there a mínimum version to be aceptable? Will the browsers admit equally those CAs with version 1.3 for example and 1.4.7 if in a year those updates have taken place and the CA is still in a lower version? What will happen when a recertification comes, can the CA choose, I prefer 1.4.5 than the lates 1.4.7 for this and this reason?

Well, I think it´s not as easy as adding more numbers to the versions, it´s something to be discussed and in this particular item, the auditors and the standard bodies have something to say

regards

Iñigo Barreira
Responsable del Área técnica
i-barreira at izenpe.net
945067705

ERNE! Baliteke mezu honen zatiren bat edo mezu osoa legez babestuta egotea. Mezua badu bere hartzailea. Okerreko helbidera heldu bada (helbidea gaizki idatzi, transmisioak huts egin) eman abisu igorleari, korreo honi erantzuna. KONTUZ!
ATENCION! Este mensaje contiene informacion privilegiada o confidencial a la que solo tiene derecho a acceder el destinatario. Si usted lo recibe por error le agradeceriamos que no hiciera uso de la informacion y que se pusiese en contacto con el remitente.