[cabfpub] BR Requirements for 1024-bit Certificates

Eddy Nigg (StartCom Ltd.) eddy_nigg at startcom.org
Fri Feb 1 02:22:34 MST 2013

On 02/01/2013 09:48 AM, From i-barreira at izenpe.net:

> Agree with Eddy. It will happen the same that occured with the EV,
> that when the end date came, some CAs were still using 1K lenght
> certs, after a year as we discussed in the last Scottsdale meeting.

Or some remain the suckers while others keep selling what the subscriber
wants....until the catastrophe comes and the suckers will be at the
other side. Whatever, we haven't issued certificates with less than 2K
keys since 2008 I think and it hasn't hurt anybody, so let them keep
those 1K keys and why not throw some MD5 hashes into the mix to make it
a real good party...

Regards
Signer: 	Eddy Nigg, COO/CTO
	StartCom Ltd. <http://www.startcom.org>