[cabfpub] [cabfman] Improving the security of EV Certificates

Jeremy Rowley jeremy.rowley at digicert.com
Wed Dec 18 21:53:30 UTC 2013

I think an important point is who should bear the cost of minimizing the impact of a CA compromise.  Even if CT is more expensive than pinning (which I doubt) and ignoring the fact that pinning and CT are NOT mutually exclusive, the cost for CT lies with the browsers and CAs  while the cost for pinning is with the browser and server operator.  Since the threat associated with a compromised or bad acting CA is directly related to our industry, the CA industry is best suited to bear the burden of fixing that problem, not the customers.

Jeremy