[cabfpub] Concerns regarding Mozilla Root Program/Baseline Requirements

Eddy Nigg (StartCom Ltd.) eddy_nigg at startcom.org
Tue Aug 6 15:37:27 UTC 2013

On 08/01/2013 11:33 PM, From Rich Smith:
> Probably could use some word-smithing, but I think that strikes a good
> balance between allowing CAs to continue to meet their commercial
> requirements while still being able to move things forward regarding any
> technical and verification requirements imposed by the BRs currently and in
> future versions.  Thoughts?

What about the CAs that did an effort to implement and comply to the BR
just to realize that others simply don't care and conveniently try to
change the BR? What about those that refused a certificate request or
turned it down already at an inquiry by the potential customer just to
see the same guy getting it from somewhere else?

The BR itself isn't really such a grandiose thing that we could be
really proud of it, but if watering it down further is the way than I'd
propose to get rid of it entirely.

Regards
Signer: 	Eddy Nigg, COO/CTO
	StartCom Ltd. <http://www.startcom.org>