[cabfpub] Recent ITU-T meeting

tScheme Technical Manager richard.trevorah at tScheme.org
Fri Apr 26 16:35:19 UTC 2013

Hi Ben,

I have already been involved in some discussions on what has become TD 131
and I'm not sure that it's useful to think of the auditors as fulfilling the
role of "juridical experts" (although they could also decide to offer that
service). My simplistic understanding is that I as a relying party would
formally contract with a JE service and then, whenever I receive a
Certificate (e.g. an SSL certificate when I log on to an e-Commerce site), I
would send a copy of the certificate to my JE service and ask them whether I
should trust it or not - i.e. I do not rely on the Browser making that
decision for me.

At least that's how I read it!

Regards
Richard
------------------------------------
Richard Trevorah
Technical Manager
tScheme Limited

M: +44 (0) 781 809 4728
F: +44 (0) 870 005 6311

http://www.tscheme.org

The information in this message and, if present, any attachments are
intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s). The
content of this e-mail and its attachments is confidential and may be
legally privileged. Unless otherwise stated, any use or disclosure is
unauthorised and may be unlawful.

If you are not the intended recipient, please delete the message and any
attachments and notify the sender as soon as practicable