[cabfpub] Update to Ballot 89 - Adopt Guidelines for the Processing of EV SSL Certificates v.2

Rick Andrews Rick_Andrews at symantec.com
Thu Apr 18 18:50:52 UTC 2013

CABF,

As we discussed on the call today, I'm making a final push to achieve closure on this one way or another.

I propose a revision to the ballot that asks the Forum to accept this revised version of the document. The ballot would also state that if the ballot fails, then we will remove the current version from the public website (https://cabforum.org/Guidelines_for_the_processing_of_EV_certificates%20v1_0.pdf). Is anyone willing to endorse that ballot?

I keep track of the feedback and actions on the wiki at https://www.cabforum.org/wiki/89%20-%20Adopt%20Guidelines%20for%20the%20Processing%20of%20EV%20SSL%20Certificates%20v.2

I've attached both doc and pdf versions. The document provides fewer guidelines for app developers, but I hope there's also less to object to.

-Rick