[cabfpub] Name Constraints, Auditing and EKU

Rob Stradling rob.stradling at comodo.com
Tue Apr 23 03:13:52 MST 2013

On 22/04/13 20:49, Brown, Wendy (10421) wrote:
> I disagree with the statement it is too late to try to stop the proliferation of trying to do technical constraints on CAs using EKU in violation of the intent of RFC 5280.

Wendy, you are welcome to try.  Maybe you will succeed where others have
failed.

Even Microsoft, the architects of "EKU constraints", were unsuccessful
when they tried to move to an alternative mechanism that didn't violate
the intent of RFC5280.  See...
See http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/pkix/current/msg32431.html

--
Rob Stradling