[cabfpub] FW: Short lived OCSP signing certificate

Mads Egil Henriksveen Mads.Henriksveen at buypass.no
Mon Sep 17 12:50:23 MST 2012

Hi Gerv

My assumption may be wrong, but I think I remember from the discussions this summer that time/clock synchronism could be an issue (e.g. browsers in smartphones, pads etc). However, since we are talking about a validity period of some days, this might not be a big problem.

And if I'm wrong here, it's just fine :-)

My main concern addressed in this thread was actually about short lived certificates in terms of certificates with no revocation information (or no mechanism to revoke a certificate during the lifetime of the certificate). And since short lived OCSP signing certificates apparently should be short lived (i.e. without revocation information) the applications has to deal with short lived certificates already. It was my impression from the discussions this summer, that there was some issues related to such certificates.

Regards
Mads