[cabfpub] DigiCert proposal and Interested Party voting rights

Jeremy Rowley jeremy.rowley at digicert.com
Sun Sep 9 16:06:13 MST 2012

Thanks Brad,

We set the minimum number of relying parties to seven to ensure that the
interested party membership group provides a broad viewpoint and avoid
potentially giving a single relying party entity too much influence on the
CAB Forum.  We thought  seven was an appropriate number considering the
potential size of this membership group when compared to the number of CAs
and Browsers.  However, we will continue to evaluate which number or
mechanism will ensure that the relying party class represents a truly broad
spectrum of participants and modify the proposal accordingly after receiving
additional input.

Jeremy