[cabfpub] Draft Ballot re: participation of standards-setting, auditing, and regulatory body representatives

Eddy Nigg (StartCom Ltd.) eddy_nigg at startcom.org
Thu Oct 18 23:00:30 UTC 2012

On 10/19/2012 12:30 AM, From Ben Wilson:

> A representative of standards body or a regulatory body that is
> directly involved in standards-setting, auditing, or the regulation
> of  public key infrastructures may participate in CA/B Forum
> teleconferences, meetings, and the management at cabforum.org email list,
> with the right to speak, present proposals, access the Forum’s wiki
> pages, and participate in drafting without being required to sign the
> IPR Agreement.

I understand that such organizations can and do hold IPR that could be
made part of requirements standards and guidelines such as the BR and
EV. I'm not entirely sure why specially such organizations should be
exempt from signing the IPR?

Regards
Signer: 	Eddy Nigg, COO/CTO
	StartCom Ltd. <http://www.startcom.org>