[cabfpub] [cabfman] FW: Ballot [89] - Adopt Guidelines for the Processing of EV SSL Certificates v.2

Rick Andrews Rick_Andrews at symantec.com
Tue Oct 16 21:37:23 UTC 2012

OK, two more changes here:

1)      Backed out of the statement that the SSL cert shouldn't be trusted if it doesn't chain up to a trusted root (dropping the DANE hot potato for the moment)

2)      Dropped mention of the BR; the only place it was mentioned was to refer to audit details. I changed it to say refer to Section 17 of [EVSSL].

Would there be value in adding a section documenting the complete set of EV roots along with the EV OIDs associated with them? I think that this document is the right place for that info.

-Rick