[cabfpub] Revised document for Ballot 89 - Adopt Requirements for the Processing of EV SSL Certificates v.2

Gervase Markham gerv at mozilla.org
Wed Oct 17 01:14:00 MST 2012

On 17/10/12 00:00, Jeremy Rowley wrote:
> I imagine all CAs have a similar policy, which is why I found Gerv’s
> question on the subject rather surprising.

The question arose because I seem to remember in the past that there was
a strong current of opinion that certificates were about identity, not
trustworthiness, and that determining what is illegal in the
jurisdiction of an abitrary website is not something CAs wanted to get
into the business of doing. But perhaps I misremember, or perhaps the
situation has changed.