[cabfpub] Proposed approach for refinement of Trend Micro governance proposal

kirk_hall at trendmicro.com kirk_hall at trendmicro.com
Tue Oct 2 16:31:11 MST 2012

Ballot 85 laid out the process by which Forum members would vote on governance change proposals, including a final run-off between the top two proposals.  Here is what Ballot 85 says will happen after the final runoff:

A period of undefined duration for refinement of the final proposal

*         7-day review period, closing on date TBD
*         7-day voting period, closing on date TBD

Here is what I would propose to do in order to "refine" the Trend Micro governance proposal so it can be put to a ballot for adoption by Forum members.

I think the final governance proposal can stated in a CA/Browser Forum Charter and comprehensive Bylaws.  Most of the Charter and Bylaws can be taken from our existing rules as found on our website and in prior ballots, but there are a few areas where we don't have written rules (e.g., election of officers, etc.).  Also, a key part of the Trend Micro governance proposal was the creation of working groups where interested third parties can participate, so we need new rules to cover that.

I would like to put together a list of perhaps 10-20 small decisions that must be made before completing draft bylaws, with some alternate choices.   Once I have a draft list, I'll circulate to the public list for comment, and perhaps a "straw poll" of members on various issues.  At that point, I'll work with a few others to come up with a draft Charter and Bylaws to circulate on the public list for further discussion.  At the end of this process, Trend Micro will put forward its final proposal as a ballot that can either be approved or not by the Forum members.

I'll try to get the list of issues for discussion complete by the end of this week or early next week.

Please let me know if you disagree with this approach.

Kirk R. Hall
Operations Director, Trust Services
Trend Micro
+1.503.243.5405

TREND MICRO EMAIL NOTICE
The information contained in this email and any attachments is confidential and may be subject to copyright or other intellectual property protection. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to use or disclose this information, and we request that you notify us by reply mail or telephone and delete the original message from your mail system.