[cabfpub] [cabfman] Ballot 92 - Subject Alternative Names

Steve Roylance steve.roylance at globalsign.com
Fri Nov 16 19:12:13 UTC 2012

Hi Kirk,

No it would not.   It would depend on the certificate they requested.   I
assume that shop keepers in the US don't card 9 year olds buying chocolates
but if they asked for alcohol the situation changes.

It would only be applicable in the 3 instances shown (Which are not the
majority of cases) and in one of those would not be necessary if the domain
registration information all aligned.  They could then choose to include it
or not.

If Trend does not offer DV certificates then it might be best to abstain
from this one rather than confusing the rest of the members who also may/may
not have experience here.

Steve