[cabfpub] Revised Draft of IPR Policy and Resolution

Jon Callas jon.callas at entrust.com
Mon Nov 5 21:14:56 UTC 2012

On Nov 4, 2012, at 2:25 PM, kirk_hall at trendmicro.com<mailto:kirk_hall at trendmicro.com> wrote:

Ben – I have never understood what is meant by “stand around licensing”.  Can you define?

Ben did a good job of that. We've also called it "stand around liability." The concern is having to give a license or be liable without making an affirmative act, merely by standing around, as Ben said.

We have no problem with positive affirmative acts for the good of the whole industry, and for the world at large. We just want to decide to do it, not wake up and discover we've done it.

Jon