[cabfpub] Ballot 92 resend - Preliminary information prior to the new ballot text

Steve Roylance steve.roylance at globalsign.com
Thu Nov 15 17:27:16 UTC 2012

Dear all.

Ballot 92 originally covered three separate subjects.   Each of the three
subjects received feedback from CABForum members and therefore it was felt
that it would be more efficient to move forward with each portion
separately.  Hence ballot 92 has simply been renamed and resubmitted as
"Subject Alternative Names"   Ballots for the remaining two sections (gTLD
and Implications of RFC6125) will be announced once the proposers and
endorsers have settled on revised wording.  Please note that Ballot 92 now
reflects the original intent of the SAN portion of the original ballot text
­ It proposes to fix a solid baseline for security, best practice and clear
information to subscribers & relying parties for all potential components of
the SubjectAlternativeName Extension.

In the spirit of Kirk's suggestion to have at least one Browser endorse,
Yngve has kindly offered to endorse this portion in Robin's stead.

I shall be in the call on Monday to discuss, however I'm hoping the new
wording works for everyone.

Steve