[cabfpub] [cabfman] Ballot 92 - Subject Alternative Names

Brian Trzupek BTrzupek at trustwave.com
Fri Nov 16 15:31:53 MST 2012

So, is it a fair summary to say:

A) with the baselines we have blessed methods to validate domains.

B) we can have multiple domains (San) in those certs.

C) when we try an issue an OV cert, now there is a perceived confusion of the relying party in instances where there are multiple organizations for the included domains?

Maybe this is over simplifying, but with baseline Multi org DV is just fine because the cert presents no org, but we are trying to nail down who the org "should" be in the OV equivalent?

(I know there are other potential items in this ballot, but this is of the most interest to me)

Brian-

Sent from my iPhone