[cabfpub] [cabfman] Ballot 92 - Subject Alternative Names

Eddy Nigg (StartCom Ltd.) eddy_nigg at startcom.org
Fri Nov 16 14:56:24 MST 2012

On 11/16/2012 11:36 PM, From Eddy Nigg (StartCom Ltd.):

> As long as there are CAs that will sign just anything and everything
> (for pay), what does it matter if there are revocation capabilities?
>
> Don't make EV weaker than it is already, we have enough trouble
> earning some credibility in the other settings, we don't need more of
> that.

Having said that, even though I'm in disagreement with Gerv about his
perception regarding OV certificates, it's still troubling to hear that
there is still no confidence in the work and diligence most of us
probably do.

If we can change this perception by raising the bar with serious and
reasonable improvements, we probably should do it. We certainly should
eliminate well known risk first.

Regards
Signer: 	Eddy Nigg, COO/CTO
	StartCom Ltd. <http://www.startcom.org>