[cabfpub] Tally of Results of Straw Poll on IPR Policy Scope (Membership vs. Participation)

Ben Wilson ben at digicert.com
Thu Nov 15 20:21:50 MST 2012

Here is what I think we have as results for our straw poll:

1

BuyPass

3

1

2

2

Comodo

1

2

3

DigiCert

3

2

5

4

1

4

Entrust

2

1

5

Globalsign

1

6

Identrust

1

7

Izenpe

1

8

Logius

1

9

Microsoft

1

10

Mozilla

1

11

Opera

1

2

12

Quovadis

1

2

13

RSA

1

14

SSC

1

15

StarCom

1

16

Symantec

1

2

17

Trend Micro

1

18

Trustis

1

2

19

Trustwave

1

20

T-Systems

1

3

2

20

Initial Round

1

0

9

1

0

8

1

20

Final Round

0

0

12

0

0

8

0

So I think the appropriate course of action is to review the attached
revised IPR Policy (which I have numbed v.1.04 to distinguish it from
v.1.03) and to decide whether to refer this issue back to the IPR Committee
for further discussion or to continue the discussion on the list.  (Please
note that to keep the recent changes more clear, the attached is a redline
of version 1.03 distributed by Marc Braner to the IPR Committee on Friday,
Oct. 19th, and not a redline of v.1.0.)  I will create a redline of the
delta between v.1.0 and the attached 1.04 and upload it to the wiki for
later distribution to anyone wanting a full comparison of the two.

Yours truly,

Ben