[cabfpub] Ballot[75] - NameConstraints criticality flag

Rob Stradling rob.stradling at comodo.com
Mon May 28 08:48:43 UTC 2012

Tim, please remind me: Do early votes count?

Or, in this case, will Google, GlobalSign and Mozilla need to vote again
during the voting period in order for their votes to be counted?

Thanks.

On 25/05/12 21:42, Sid Stamm wrote:
> Mozilla votes Yes.
>
> Though I'm happy to see eagerness to vote on this ballot, note that the
> review period is still open until June 1.
>
> -Sid
>
> On 5/25/12 7:45 AM, Tim Moses wrote:
>> Kathleen Wilson made the following motion, and Steve Roylance and Adam Langley endorsed it.
>> Motion begins
>> Effective immediately
>> Erratum begins
>> Delete the following text from the "Subordinate CA Certificate" section of both the Baseline Requirements Appendix B and EV Guidelines Appendix B:
>>
>> "All other fields and extensions MUST be set in accordance to RFC 5280."
>>
>> AND replace it with the following:
>>
>> "F. nameConstraints (optional)
>>
>> . If present, this extension SHOULD be marked critical*.
>>
>> All other fields and extensions MUST be set in accordance to RFC 5280.
>>
>> * Non-critical Name Constraints are an exception to RFC 5280 that MAY be used until the Name Constraints extension is supported by Application Software Suppliers whose software is used by a substantial portion of Relying Parties worldwide."
>> Erratum ends
>> The ballot review period comes into effect at 21:00 UTC on May 25, 2012 and will close at 21:00 UTC on June 1, 2012. Unless the motion is withdrawn during the review period, the voting period will start immediately thereafter and will close at 21:00 UTC on June 8, 2012. Votes must be cast by "reply all" to this email.
>>
>> A vote in favor of the motion must indicate a clear 'yes' in the response. A vote against must indicate a clear 'no' in the response. A vote to abstain must indicate a clear 'abstain' in the response. Unclear responses will not be counted. The latest vote received from any representative of a voting member before the close of the voting period will be counted.
>> Motion ends
>>
>> Voting members are listed here:
>>
>> http://www.cabforum.org/forum.html
>>
>> with the addition of TrendMicro.
>>
>> In order for the motion to be adopted, two thirds or more of the votes cast by members in the CA category and one half or more of the votes cast by members in the browser category must be in favour. Also, at least eight members must participate in the ballot, either by voting in favour, voting against or abstaining.
>>

>> T: +1 613 270 3183

Rob Stradling
Senior Research & Development Scientist
COMODO - Creating Trust Online
Office Tel: +44.(0)1274.730505
Office Fax: +44.(0)1274.730909
www.comodo.com

COMODO CA Limited, Registered in England No. 04058690
Registered Office:
   3rd Floor, 26 Office Village, Exchange Quay,
   Trafford Road, Salford, Manchester M5 3EQ

addressed.  If you have received this email in error please notify the
sender by replying to the e-mail containing this attachment. Replies to
this email may be monitored by COMODO for operational or business
reasons. Whilst every endeavour is taken to ensure that e-mails are free
from viruses, no liability can be accepted and the recipient is
requested to use their own virus checking software.