[cabfpub] Euro 2012 during Gjovik meeting week

Gervase Markham gerv at mozilla.org
Fri May 25 10:23:42 MST 2012

Those people attending the CAB Forum meeting in Gjovik may wish to note
that the semi-finals of the Euro 2012 football tournament are at 20:45
Norwegian time on the Wednesday and Thursday evenings of that week.

The Norwegians are, unfortunately, not taking part in the finals
tournament, having been edged out by Portugal on goal difference from
qualifying Group H, with a draw and a loss against local rivals Denmark
proving their undoing:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Euro_2012_qualifying_Group_H

So we will not see an explosion of local enthusiasm. Still, it should be
some quality football, and well worth watching :-)

 I would like to hope that England will be playing in one of those two
games, but getting to quarter finals seems to be our speciality; see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/England_national_football_team#FIFA_World_Cup
(and the table below it).