[cabfpub] Ballot 75 and Emergency Ballot 77

Ben Wilson ben at digicert.com
Fri Jun 8 23:01:21 UTC 2012

Colleagues,

On Ballot 75 (allows Non-critical Name Constraints as an exception to RFC
5280 until the Name Constraints extension is supported by Application
Software Suppliers whose software is used by a substantial portion of
Relying Parties worldwide), the quorum requirement was 8, and we received
"Yes" votes from Buypass, SSC, Microsoft, Opera, Symantec, IdenTrust,
KEYNECTIS, Entrust, Izenpe, Comodo, Apple, T-Systems, QuoVadis, StartCom,
Mozilla, and GlobalSign.  We received a "No" vote from Chunghwa Telecom, and
no abstentions.  Therefore, the motion passes.  It can be reviewed here:

https://www.cabforum.org/wiki/75%20-%20NameConstraints%20criticality%20flag

On Emergency Ballot 77 (extending the deadline for members to sign and
submit the IPR Agreement by 1 August 2012), the quorum requirement was 8,
and we received  "Yes" votes from IdenTrust, DigiCert, SSC, GlobalSign,
Mozilla, Opera, ipsCA, Comodo, Buypass, Entrust, QuoVadis, Chunghwa Telecom,
TWCA, Symantec, Trustwave, TrendMicro, and Secom Trust Systems; a "No" vote
from Izenpe; and an "Abstain" from T-Systems.  Microsoft and StartCom said
they would not vote, so they were not counted.  Therefore, the motion
passes.  It can be reviewed here:

https://www.cabforum.org/wiki/77%20-%20Emergency%20Extension%20of%20IPR%20Re
quirements

Benjamin T. Wilson, JD CISSP
General Counsel and SVP Industry Relations
DigiCert, Inc.

 <http://www.digicert.com/> Visit DigiCert.com

Online:  <http://www.digicert.com/> www.DigiCert.com
Email:  <mailto:ben at digicert.com> ben at digicert.com
Toll Free: 1-800-896-7973 (US & Canada)
Direct: 1-801-701-9678
Fax: 1-866-842-0223 (Toll Free if calling from the US or Canada)

  _____

confidential information. It is intended only for the use of the person(s)
named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any review, dissemination, distribution or duplication of this
communication is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient,
please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the
original message. Thank You