[cabfpub] Possible CAB Forum objection to some gTLD applications

Geoff Keating geoffk at apple.com
Fri Jun 29 17:39:10 MST 2012

On 29/06/2012, at 5:20 PM, Brian Trzupek <BTrzupek at trustwave.com> wrote:

> Geoff - this IS very interesting data. What was the size of the data set to start?

Approximately 9.8m DNS names, from 6.1m certificates of which 2.9m are unexpired leaves and of those 2.4m chain to a trusted root.  All the certificates are (or were once) visible on the public Internet.

I looked further at the .box domain names.  The names vary but almost all of them contain the string 'fritz'.  So, I guess that they're related to the residential gateway devices sold by AVM GmbH.