[cabfpub] IETF 84
tim.moses at entrust.com
Wed Jul 4 06:46:30 MST 2012
Colleagues - I have been in discussion with the directors of the IETF's Security Area and Operations and Management Area.
They both agree that presentations to their members during IETF 84 in Vancouver at the end of July would be worthwhile.
The presentations would serve several purposes. They would:
* Inform the PKIX community about CABForum's role in the eco-system;
* Inform the PKIX community about recent and upcoming developments in the Web PKI;
* Explain the need for variances from the PKIX PKI for the Web and the need for a referenceable specification of such variances;
* Propose a way forward in the Operations and Management Area; and
* Explore the willingness of the O&M Area to host a working group and organize a BoF on the topic during the November meeting in Atlanta.
I am looking for your agreement that I should make the presentations. And, I would also like to know who amongst our members will be present and able to add weight to our request.
Let me know what you think.
All the best. Tim.
T: +1 613 270 3183
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Public