[cabfpub] Food for Thought

Eddy Nigg (StartCom Ltd.) eddy_nigg at startcom.org
Tue Aug 28 20:31:41 UTC 2012

On 08/28/2012 10:54 PM, From Erwann Abalea:
> Next questions could be something like "is StartCom a geography-based
> CA?". It's not for me, but the fact that it's based in Israel can be
> problematic for some people (that's the first example to come, nothing
> personal).

Surely problematic. In fact, the dear members are most likely aware that
StartCom issues certificates on a global basis, being a top certificate
authority in many (most) countries in terms of market share outside of
Israel.

So the geographical thing doesn't always work. On the other hand it
might work for some, the question is really how to define that without
limiting those CAs unnecessarily. I'm not sure it's possible without
extensive work and on a case to case basis.

Regards
Signer: 	Eddy Nigg, COO/CTO
	StartCom Ltd. <http://www.startcom.org>
XMPP: 	startcom at startcom.org <xmpp:startcom at startcom.org>