[cabfpub] ISO 3166-1 country codes

Rich Smith richard.smith at comodo.com
Wed Aug 1 16:46:08 UTC 2012

From: public-bounces at cabforum.org [mailto:public-bounces at cabforum.org] On
Behalf Of Erwann Abalea
Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2012 6:08 AM

<snip>

If the consensus finally is "do it your way", then OK, we don't have to
agree on politics but only on a common nomenclature.
</snip>

[RWS] Erwann, I just sent a much longer post on this, but IMO that is
exactly how the Forum should approach this.  The Forum, IMO, (A) MUST allow
a CA to operate in conformance to the laws and regulations of the
jurisdiction in which it operates, so when it comes to this kind of
situation, the Forum's role should be (1) advisory and (2)to act as a
repository so that consistency can be maintained across the industry as much
as possible given (A).