[cabfpub] Ballot 82 - Suspend IPR Agreement and Policy until governance revisions are complete

Tim Moses tim.moses at entrust.com
Wed Aug 1 14:47:20 UTC 2012

Colleagues - I received "YES" votes from DigiCert, Identrust, Trustis and Entrust.

I received "NO" votes from Symantec, Mozilla, Trustwave, Microsoft, Izenpe, TrendMicro and GlobalSign.

I received "ABSTAIN" votes from Opera, Startcom, SSC, Comodo and QuoVadis.

13 CAs voted, so (in order for the motion to pass) nine or more would have had to be "YES" votes.  Four were "YES" votes.

Three browsers voted, so (in order for the motion to pass) two or more would have had to be "YES" votes.  None were "YES" votes.

Therefore the motion fails.

Best regards.  Tim.