[cabfpub] Observers

Eddy Nigg (StartCom Ltd.) eddy_nigg at startcom.org
Fri Aug 24 17:54:47 MST 2012

On 08/25/2012 03:48 AM, From kirk_hall at trendmicro.com:
> To my mind, there is a bigger danger from allowing CAs to participate
> as “observers” without signing the IPR than there is for other
> necessary experts (e.g., auditors).  As I know from AffirmTrust’s
> experience as an observer, observers contribute ideas and suggestions
> just as freely as members.

Perhaps we should define "Observer", not everybody has the same
understanding what that is:

 1. A person who watches or notices something.
 2. A person who follows events, esp. political ones, closely and
    comments publicly on them.

In my opinion, an "observer" doesn't really participate, even if that's
what our "observers" many times do or did ;-)

Regards
Signer: 	Eddy Nigg, COO/CTO
	StartCom Ltd. <http://www.startcom.org>
XMPP: 	startcom at startcom.org <xmpp:startcom at startcom.org>