[cabfpub] ISO 3166-1 country codes

Erwann Abalea erwann.abalea at keynectis.com
Wed Aug 1 10:51:58 MST 2012

Sorry for the delay, we experienced a 6h network outage for our non
critical systems (organizational business unit), and the mail had been
put on hold just after the start of the outage... I'm reading that all now.

Will the CABForum distinguish between EV and non-EV certificates?

EV certificates have a GUI impact, and a missing country might render
the given certificate no more considered EV.

EV guidelines define "country" as a "sovereign state" defined by
"Sovereign State:  A state or country that administers its own
government, and is not dependent upon, or subject to, another power"
which brings politics.

EV guidelines define "jurisdictionOfIncorporationCountryName" as
mandatory for an EV certificate, and in the case you submitted, since
the requestor acts at the country level, the rule below prevents the
"don't use country, use locality" trick":

    "These fields MUST NOT contain information that is not relevant to
    the level of the Incorporating Agency or Registration Agency. For
    example, the Jurisdiction of Incorporation for an Incorporating
    Agency or Jurisdiction of Registration for a Registration Agency
    that operates at the country level MUST include the country
    information but MUST NOT include the state or province or locality
    information."

--
Erwann ABALEA