[cabfcert_policy] Conflict Merging Master into ClarifyCADefinition

Ben Wilson ben.wilson at digicert.com
Thu May 17 10:01:58 MST 2018

I got some help taking a look at the GitHUb branch we've been working on.
Before I can merge Master into ClarifyCADefinition, we need to resolve one
conflict:

##### 3.2.2.4.1 Validating the Applicant as a Domain Contact

Confirming the Applicant's control over the FQDN by validating the Applicant
is the Domain Contact directly with the Domain Name Registrar. This method
may only be used if:

1.            The CA authenticates the Applicant's identity under BR Section
3.2.2.1 and the authority of the Applicant Representative under BR Section
3.2.5, OR

2.            The CA authenticates the Applicant's identity under EV
Guidelines Section 11.2 and the agency of the Certificate Approver under EV
Guidelines Section 11.8; OR

<<<<<<< ClarifyCADefinition

3.            The TSP also operates the Domain Name Registrar, or is an
Affiliate of the Registrar, of the Base Domain Name.

Note: Once the FQDN has been validated using this method, the CA MAY also
issue Certificates for other FQDNs that end with all the labels of the
validated FQDN.  This method is suitable for validating Wildcard Domain
Names.

=======

3.            The CA is also the Domain Name Registrar, or an Affiliate of
the Registrar, of the Base Domain Name.

Note: Once the FQDN has been validated using this method, the CA MAY also
issue Certificates for other FQDNs that end with all the labels of the
validated FQDN. This method is suitable for validating Wildcard Domain
Names. For certificates issued on or after August 1, 2018, this method SHALL
NOT be used for validation, and completed validations using this method
SHALL NOT be used for the issuance of certificates.