[cabfcert_policy] Draft Minutes of CABF Call - BR 7.1.4.2.2

Ben Wilson ben.wilson at digicert.com
Thu Feb 23 08:34:15 MST 2017

We had a discussion about this during today's Policy Review call.

Here is what the draft minutes of last week's full Forum call say about this.  On today's Policy Review call, we were wondering whether Peter was still willing to prepare an explanation about how he sees the issue(s) here?

BR 7.1.4.2.2 and EVGL 9.2.5 and 9.2.7 (Li-Chun).  Ben said this ballot was still being discussed, but the Validation Working Group may be coming to some conclusions.  Kirk asked if the WG could explain the issues in simple terms to the Forum, and offer some alternatives.  Ben said one possibility could be to write limited exceptions on state and locality requirements for Taiwan and Singapore.  Peter said that discussions kept confusing two or three separate issues, which are not overlapping and may require two or three ballots.  One issue involves jurisdiction of incorporation, another physical address, etc.  Also, in Taiwan an official registry of companies already assigns a DN for each company and for government entities, and there are conflicts between the registry rules and the BRs.  Li-Chun gave an additional explanation.  Chunghwa Telecom's auditor will be at the F2F and can provide more details.

Ben Wilson, JD, CISA, CISSP

VP Compliance

+1 801 701 9678