[cabfcert_policy] [cabfpub] Policy Review Working Group's Pre-Ballot to Clarify Use of "CA"

Dimitris Zacharopoulos jimmy at it.auth.gr
Mon Feb 13 03:03:41 MST 2017

On 9/2/2017 5:29 μμ, Dimitris Zacharopoulos via Public wrote:

> Thank you for the comments Gerv. We had a Policy Review WG today and
> decided that it would be more clear and consistent if we used the
> terms "Root CA Operator" and "Subordinate CA Operator" throughout the
> document. That would make perfectly clear that we are referring to the
> "CA" as an organization. We will update the draft ballot to include
> this change.
>
> For section 6.2.6, we decided to keep the "Issuing" part. This will
> also be updated in the draft ballot.
>
> Ben will circulate the updated draft ballot for further review by
> members, and the official ballot will be submitted to the public list
> as *ballot 188*, on Thursday February 16th after the regular CA/B
> Forum teleconference. We welcome any comments from members.
>

> Best regards,
> Dimitris.

I reviewed the draft ballot and went through each change in the
red-lined version provided by Ben on January 19th. I applied the changes
for the "Subordinate CA Operator" and the "Issuing CA" as agreed. I also
prepared the ballot with all changes introduced which is now on the wiki
as ballot 188
<https://www.cabforum.org/wiki/188%20-%20Clarify%20use%20of%20term%20%22CA%22%20in%20Baseline%20Requirements>.

In the attached red-lined version, I applied a "clean" diff between a
word version of BRs v. 1.4.2 and the proposed changes, for when we
submit the final ballot. Ben, please review the changes to make sure a
separate pair of eyes goes through the updates.

When you think everything is in order, please re-submit the changes to
the public list.

Best regards,
Dimitris.