[cabfcert_policy] Defining severability exceptions as public

Dean Coclin Dean_Coclin at symantec.com
Mon Jan 11 16:14:29 MST 2016

I’m not aware of this disclosure ever occurring but you never know. I recall Netcraft finding an EV cert that didn’t conform to the BRs but when I asked the European CA about it they said they were complying with local laws.

The issue here is similar to what was discussed on our CA/B Forum call yesterday about publishing info to the CA/B Forum. The forum was never meant to be a repository or notifying body. Our work is to create standards. We had a similar conversation in the code signing working group about being a repository for known bad actors but it was decided that the forum isn’t in the repository business. I think this is an ongoing discussion and will be reflected in the public minutes of the call after they are approved.

Also, CA’s that aren’t CA/B Forum members (and there are a lot of them) can’t post to the public list.  Sure, we can do the “re-posting” thing on their behalf if they send to the publicly accessible questions list and since this rarely occurs, shouldn’t be a burden.