[cabfcert_policy] Question on Ballot

Dean Coclin Dean_Coclin at symantec.com
Thu Feb 4 14:08:44 MST 2016

Ben,
A question came in from someone reviewing the ballot on our team. I'm
wondering if you or anyone on the policy group (Tim?) knows the answer:

3) In Section 4.5.1, add "See Section 9.6.3, provisions 2. and 4."

Section 4.5.1 is titled "Subscriber private key and certificate usage".
Section 9.6.3 provision 4 covers 'Use of certificate'. But section 9.6.3
provision 2 only covers 'Protection of private key', which is really the
same as 'Use of the private key'. Is this reference therefore applicable?

Thanks

Dean

Dean Coclin

Sr. Director Business Development