[cabfcert_policy] Proposed Ballot - see email of 28-May-2015

Ben Wilson ben.wilson at digicert.com
Mon Jul 6 06:36:08 MST 2015

Li-Chun Chen wrote me:

>I agree the view point of  formatting the Network Security Controls

>according to the RFC 3647 similar to the BR. But I think it needs time to do so.

This raises the need for a point of clarification.  On 28-May-2015 I proposed a ballot to make a large number of minor changes to the Baseline Requirements, whereas the Working Group continues to make suggested content changes.  The Working Group has also postponed work on the major issues  until a second or third round of edits.  So, since we’ve nearly completed a second time through the document, shouldn’t we ballot the non-controversial changes (from our first time through) and get them in place?

In other words, the working document that I sent around on 2-July-2015 isn’t the same as the ballot that I circulated on 28-May-2015.  I propose updating that ballot with the non-controversial changes we’ve made since and going forward at this time with that, and then seeing what we have left.

Thanks,

Ben